Saves Visitation Worker
The Syracuse Area Salvation Army Office has an exciting career opportunity in our Child Welfare department for a Saves Supervised Visitation Worker to provide safe opportunities for parents to visit their children who are in foster care.
Full-time position to provide supervised visitation services to individuals/families with domestic violence history at The Salvation Army. Responsibilities include: intake, evaluation and assessments of prospective clients; individual visitation plans and interventions; facilitation of visitation sessions with children, teens and non-custodial parents; provision of court documentation and testimony, including recommendations to the court, attorneys, and other parties concerned, regarding custody or other case-specific clinical issues; and maintenance of case records, narratives, and statistical information. Work schedule is 40 hours per week; and is flexible between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
– MSW or related Masters Degree with strong working knowledge of family dynamics and domestic
– Bachelor’s Degree with Masters Degree nearing completion, and 5 years related experience.
– High level of cultural competence and self-assurance in order to appropriately respond if
intervention is needed during visits to assure children’s safety.
– Valid NYS driver’s license and your own vehicle.
– Ability to physically negotiate all manners of domiciles and provide physical assistance and/or
intervention with children
– Background clearance including criminal, sex offender, child abuse, and DMV
The Salvation Army offers a competitive benefits package to support the well being of our employees including: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement; Remitted Tuition; and Free Life Insurance.
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving full and equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All electronic applications must be submitted through The Salvation Army online application system for each position you are applying for. Apply at www.SASYR.org
The Salvation Army in Syracuse is holding a Job Fair:
Monday, June 22
3:30 to 5:30 pm
The Salvation Army
667 South Salina Street
They are recruiting for Teachers to work with Infants, Toddlers, and Pre-School aged children to fill immediate full-time vacancies. We will also be taking early applications for the Say Yes to Education Enrichment Artists. For more details, view the event flyer: Salvation Army Job Fair
FULL-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Early Head Start)
- Coordinate and implement Early Head Start and other child development curriculum..
- Provide supervision, role modeling, support, and encourage professional development of all child care staff and volunteers.
- Assess and monitor developmental level of each child, facilitate referral for evaluations as necessary.
- Ensure completion of all paperwork on a timely basis including but not limited to attendance, meal counts, lesson plans, daily health checks, fire drill records, narratives and daily notes.
- Assist in the orientation and training of staff members regarding room, center and agency policies, procedures and expectations.
- Actively participate in all required meetings including initial orientations, supervision, team meetings, staff meetings, in-services and training sessions.
- Engage in ongoing teacher/parent communication to facilitate parent participation and involvement.
- Assist in center, department and agency tasks and activities as assigned including clerical billing.
- 9 Credits in early childhood development, Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 or more years experience working or volunteering with children.
- Experience with child development practices and fostering parent/teacher communication.
- Ability to physically negotiate all child care responsibilities for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years to include: lifting; carrying, feeding, bathing, sitting on the floor, walking, toileting and ability to react to urgent health and safety circumstances.
- Background clearance including criminal, sex offender, child abuse, and drug screening.
For more details, view the Salvation Army PDF:
For additional opportunities, please visit: http://syracuseny.salvationarmy.org/SyracuseNY/EmploymentOps