The Marion Central School district in the Rochester, NY area is seeking a Director of Finance. Applications are being accepted through July 10, 2015.
Looking for: An Administrator who…
- Provides sound business guidance that assists district leadership team in the decision-making process
- Understands the construction and maintenance of facilities
- Understands risk management of the district’s assets, personnel and services
- Adheres to established ethical standards as entrusted with the business operations and services of the district
- A passion for teaching and learning
- Knowledge of evaluations
How to Apply:
- Director of Finance brochure
- NYS Certification as a School District Business Leader and School District Leader or School District Administrator Required
- Application can be found at http://www.marioncs.org
- Complete application and print, send with resume, letter of intent, three letters of recommendation, an example of using data to make a decision or plan and three questions you have about Marion CSD to:
Kathryn A. Wegman, Superintendent
Marion Central School
4034 Warner Road
Marion, New York 14505
Accepting applications through July 10, 2015
Position starts as soon as possible after hired.
Capital One Bank currently has several career opportunities available. Specifically, they are seeking individuals in the North Nassau area for the following positions:
- Part-time Tellers (Job Number: 782076)
- Full-time Relationship Bankers (Job Number: 782093)
If you are interested in learning more about and applying to these or other opportunities at Capital One Bank, visit their Retail Banking Jobs page on their website:
The Office of Collegewide Academic Review is looking for an Office Specialist 1 for a 4 month temporary position.
The duties will include:
1. Support grant sponsored activities
2. Setting up meetings, travel, and handling visits
3. Assisting with the setup of conferences
4. Copying and preparing materials
5. Records maintenance
6. Office communications and correspondence
7. Editing documents
8. Additional projects as needed
The Office of Collegewide Academic Review is a vibrant and highly collaborative environment. All members of the team work synergistically to support one another in a project based operation.
Please send resumes to Ross Garmil at email@example.com.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is currently hiring approximately 1,600 Border Patrol Agents (BPA) by September 30, 2015. An entry-level BPA job opportunity announcement will be open on USAJOBS from May 11 through May 31, 2015 or until 16,500 applications are received.
Apply online via www.USAJobs.gov.
Encourage your friends, neighbors, and family members to US Customs and Border Protection’s website to learn more about the occupation that protects our Nation’s borders from terrorism, human and drug smuggling, illegal migration, and agricultural pests while simultaneously facilitating the flow of legitimate travel and trade.
The priority mission of the Border Patrol is preventing terrorists and terrorist weapons, including weapons of mass destruction, from entering the United States. They detect and prevent the illegal entry of aliens into the United States. The Border Patrol helps maintain borders that work ⎼ facilitating the flow of legal immigration and goods while preventing the illegal trafficking of people and contraband.
To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, CBP requires that every employee be reliable, trustworthy, and fit for duty. To meet these standards, applicants must undergo and successfully pass a thorough background investigation (which includes a polygraph examination), a medical examination, two pre-employment fitness examinations, a drug test, and a structured interview in order to be placed in a BPA position. Information on how to apply for this career is located on the CBP webpage.
On this website, you will find the following information:
BPA Résumé Aid; and
CBP’s Office of Human Resources Management recruits for BPA positions using short-term vacancy announcements throughout the year. This provides candidates the opportunity to move through the hiring process quickly and efficiently, and facilitates hiring quality candidates to report to the Office of Border Patrol Academy fully prepared to join the proud ranks of BPAs. Below is the schedule for the Job Announcements for CBP Officers and Border Patrol Agents that will be open throughout 2015.
CBP Job Announcements for 2015
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officers: April 27 ⎼ May 11
- U.S. Border Patrol Agents: May 11 – 31
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officers: June 26 – July 13
- U.S. Border Patrol Agents: October 16 – November 2
- US Customs and Border Protection Officers: November 27 – December 14
By spreading the word about our Agency’s upcoming job opportunities, you can help build a better and stronger CBP!
Looking for a rewarding career with one of top financial companies? Northwestern Mutual offers both internship and post graduation opportunities.
- Want a company that values varied experiences and perspectives.
- Think hard work should be recognized and rewarded.
- Teamwork and collaboration are important to you.
- Are looking for a fast-paced, highly productive environment.
- Want to represent a company with exceptional financial strength and core values.
The are looking for people with different backgrounds and work experience, including but not limited to: financial services, sales, military veterans and community influencers. If you have a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from a four-year college or university. It’s also a plus if you have strong interpersonal skills, and are a self-starter who is motivated and has had personal success.
Amy F. Babcock
Marketing & Recruiting Coordinator
For more details, view their brochures and flyers or visit their Careers website.
- Provide technical support to ADT customers over the phone.
- Provide exceptional service and support to customer by troubleshooting customer technical alarm issues effectively and completely over the phone.
- Must be customer obsessed and ensure first contact resolution with our customers delivering excellent service in every experience.
- Evaluate customers concern and resolve problems to customer satisfaction.
- Make the necessary and appropriate decision to dispatch an authorized service provider when on-site service is required.
- Creation and proper assignment of service tickets.
- Receive incoming calls from servicing dealers for purposes of assisting with the actual service call.
- Maintain individual performance relative to inbound phone answer rates and customer satisfaction as well as contributing to team goals and performance.
- Effectively utilize both customer service skills as well as technical abilities to satisfy our customer’s equipment needs.
- Completion of ADT Technical Training (TAG)
- Process calls as well as working emails/callbacks for Pulse, Commercial, and special project customers
- Flexible and willing to provide support on special projects as assigned by management.
- Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree, technical certificate preferred or 2 years related experience preferred
- Must possess demonstrated troubleshooting and technical skills (candidate MUST be able to provide examples of troubleshooting techniques),
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge, apps usage, cloud technology, networking and camera/DVRs
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in a variety of situations.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service skills and dedication to the customer service experience.
- Demonstrated technical experience with ADT or like experience in another organization.
- Has met or exceeded performance expectations in previous positions.
Our Customer Service Monitoring Center, located at 285 Thruway Park Dr; West Henrietta, New York 14586.
If interested please call Wanda Leenhouts at 585-359-8362 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADT LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at jobsatadt.com or on facebook.
WDR, CPA of Queensbury, NY is searching for a self-motivated professional to join our team as a Staff Auditor. WDR auditing practice is focused around client service and education so you will be joining a dynamic group of professionals who are exposed to a wide variety of tasks and projects to include: complex audit projects, review engagements, financial statement preparation for not-for-profits, government and employee benefit plans, reviewing policy and procedures, advising on organizational improvements, etc. Along with auditing, the Staff Auditor will work with tax preparation for individuals, corporations and not-for-profits, developing a full range of experience within this busy firm. The position is ideal for a career oriented individual looking for progression in the field. For the right individual, the firm offers potential progressive opportunities in management and partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree by spring 2015 with active progression toward CPA license or Master’s degree by spring 2015
- Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook a plus
- Strong communication, team building, leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical ability and detail orientation
- 1-3 years of audit/accounting experience
- Prior experience with not-for-profit and governmental audits
- Advanced degree from an accredited university
- CPA license or other professional certifications
All interested candidates send their resumes to Colin at email@example.com and reference: Staff Auditor Position in the subject line (to avoid the email system sending the emails to Spam).
Are you interested in joining a highly professional organization on the forefront of the growing field of government auditing? The Comptroller’s office is recruiting individuals who want to join a team that is committed to excellence, professionalism and accountability in government.
The State Comptroller is New York State’s chief fiscal officer, responsible for governmental and financial oversight of state agencies, public authorities, local governments and school districts. As an Abandoned Property Accounts Auditor, Auditor of Municipal Affairs or State Program Examiner (Fiscal) with the Comptroller’s Office, there are multiple opportunities to help make government operations more efficient and effective.
Auditors/Examiners could work on a variety of audits of unclaimed funds, State expenditures, State agencies, public authorities, not-for-profit organizations that receive State funding, school districts and local governments such as towns and villages. You will provide on-site services to local and state governments and will be required to travel to localities with your assigned region.
Your work will help to ensure that tax dollars are spent prudently and productively. You will perform financial and performance audits that help to ensure that taxpayers are getting their value for their tax dollars. By stressing opportunities to improve accountability, reduce waste and enhance productivity, our Auditors/Examiners fulfill the Comptroller’s responsibility to oversee the fiscal concerns of State and local governments.
You will receive extensive training, and your work experience will foster your professional development (some work will qualify for CPA licensing). Staff training programs focus on current trends and standards in the accounting and auditing profession, including providing diverse non-audit services e.g., consulting services. You will also be provided training in many other skills that will help you effectively perform your assignments and otherwise learn and advance. As an Auditor/Examiner, you will have a unique opportunity to develop your management and communication skills as you identify opportunities to improve taxpayer-funded programs. You will be responsible for communicating with high-level government personnel and for performing detailed analysis of government-operated programs using the most current technological tools.
Offices are located around the State including Albany, Binghamton, Buffalo, Glen Falls, Hauppauge, Newburgh, New York City, Rochester, and Syracuse. The areas below are where vacancies currently exist.
Positions exist in the following offices:
Albany – Vacancies Available Now!
Binghamton – Vacancies Available Now!
Buffalo – Vacancies Available Now!
Glens Falls – Vacancies Available Now!
Hauppauge – Vacancies Available Now!
Newburgh – Vacancies Available Now!
Rochester – Vacancies Available Now!
Syracuse – Vacancies Available Now!
New York City – Vacancies Available Now!
Minimum Qualifications and Required Skills:
Trainee level and salary are based on Education and Experience
To qualify, you must hold a Bachelor’s or Graduate’s Degree and at least 24 credit hours in accounting and/or auditing.
You will then participate in a web-based examination questionnaire that is the basis for evaluating your academic record and experience. All candidates are ranked according to their overall qualifications. There is no written exam. Your score will be based on the following: overall grade point average; grade point average in your major and/or in accounting/auditing; other relevant coursework; internships and/or community/campus/professional activities; and qualifying work experience.
It is essential that you describe your education and experience as completely as possible. Ambiguity, vagueness, or omissions will not be decided in the candidate’s favor. You will be required to submit resume and transcripts for verification of education and experience. Please note: the online examination questionnaire is a prerequisite for employment.
Great Benefits, Opportunity for Advancement and Professional Development
• New York State offers a generous benefit package.
• Starting salary is $42-52,000 depending on education, experience and location, with annual increases to approximately $66,000.
• Significant opportunity for advancement to supervisory positions with commensurate salary increases.
• Extensive training and opportunity to gain qualifying experience necessary for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and other professional licensing.
• Flexible work schedules.
Apply Now! Go to the Exam/Position Announcement for instructions to apply.
Apply by February 28, 2015 to be added to the March 2015 list.
For more information about the application process for these positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Heart-Sp-15.
When completing the examination questionnaire, please enter Heart-Sp-15 as your recruitment code.
To learn more about OSC and for information on additional opportunities, visit http://www.osc.state.ny.us The NYS Office of the State Comptroller is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), in cooperation with our partners, has developed a number of programs that offer all this – Veterans Fire Corps, Veterans Fire Corps Project Leader, and HistoriCorps. We are now accepting applications for these summer 2015 programs.
Since 2011, SCA’s Veterans Fire Corps has given over 130 military veterans the opportunity to continue to answer the call to service, while providing participants with the essential training, credentials, and experience necessary to competitively pursue a career in wildland fire and forestry.
Members of the 2015 Veterans Fire Corps will live and work on three- to six- month teams in locations across the country where they’ll build camaraderie with other veterans and emerging conservation professionals who share a passion for service. In addition to housing, travel, training, and a living allowance, members will receive a $1493 AmeriCorps award.
Leaders of the 2015 Veteran Fire Corps will lead, educate, and inspire Corps Members for the Veteran Fire Corps programs. Leaders will supervise teams of ﬁve Veteran members to complete ﬁre/fuels management work.
VFC Leader candidates must be a minimum of 21 years of age, have a current Wilderness First Responder and CPR certiﬁcation, minimum 2 years prior experience supervising groups in an outdoor setting, extensive ﬁre line, chainsaw, or veterans programming experience (preferred skills: S212 federal chainsaw certiﬁcation and S130/S190 federal ﬁre certiﬁcation); if a Veteran, must have been honorably discharged. View the full position description and apply at here.
The Veterans Historic Preservation Program, a partnership between SCA and HistoriCorps, is an excellent opportunity for those who want to help save America’s historic places while learning a conservation ethic and gaining technical knowledge and hands on experience in historic preservation. After completing orientation and training, the crew travels as a group from project to project, executing a specific scope of work under the guidance of HistoriCorps preservation professionals. Members will learn historic preservation techniques to include caprpentry, roofing, log work, masonry and other trade skills
Please refer interested veterans to our Veteran Opportunities page to learn more and apply today.
All application fees are waived for U.S. Military Veterans. Members receive valuable training, housing, living allowance.