WDR, CPA of Queensbury, NY is searching for a self-motivated professional to join our team as a Staff Auditor. WDR auditing practice is focused around client service and education so you will be joining a dynamic group of professionals who are exposed to a wide variety of tasks and projects to include: complex audit projects, review engagements, financial statement preparation for not-for-profits, government and employee benefit plans, reviewing policy and procedures, advising on organizational improvements, etc. Along with auditing, the Staff Auditor will work with tax preparation for individuals, corporations and not-for-profits, developing a full range of experience within this busy firm. The position is ideal for a career oriented individual looking for progression in the field. For the right individual, the firm offers potential progressive opportunities in management and partnership.
- Bachelor’s degree by spring 2015 with active progression toward CPA license or Master’s degree by spring 2015
- Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel
- Knowledge of QuickBooks, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook a plus
- Strong communication, team building, leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical ability and detail orientation
- 1-3 years of audit/accounting experience
- Prior experience with not-for-profit and governmental audits
- Advanced degree from an accredited university
- CPA license or other professional certifications
All interested candidates send their resumes to Colin at email@example.com and reference: Staff Auditor Position in the subject line (to avoid the email system sending the emails to Spam).
Internship opportunity for students interested in Auditing, Business Management Accounting, Human Resources and Administration and Project Management. Selected students will have 22.5 hours per week of class/experiential learning and 15 hours working for the NYS Comptroller’s Office on project-based work. At the end of the internship, students will receive either 12 or 13 upper level credits. Visit the website for more information about the Academy, and details on how to apply.