Saves Visitation Worker with The Salvation Army, Syracuse
Saves Visitation Worker
The Syracuse Area Salvation Army Office has an exciting career opportunity in our Child Welfare department for a Saves Supervised Visitation Worker to provide safe opportunities for parents to visit their children who are in foster care.
Full-time position to provide supervised visitation services to individuals/families with domestic violence history at The Salvation Army. Responsibilities include: intake, evaluation and assessments of prospective clients; individual visitation plans and interventions; facilitation of visitation sessions with children, teens and non-custodial parents; provision of court documentation and testimony, including recommendations to the court, attorneys, and other parties concerned, regarding custody or other case-specific clinical issues; and maintenance of case records, narratives, and statistical information. Work schedule is 40 hours per week; and is flexible between the hours of 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM.
– MSW or related Masters Degree with strong working knowledge of family dynamics and domestic
– Bachelor’s Degree with Masters Degree nearing completion, and 5 years related experience.
– High level of cultural competence and self-assurance in order to appropriately respond if
intervention is needed during visits to assure children’s safety.
– Valid NYS driver’s license and your own vehicle.
– Ability to physically negotiate all manners of domiciles and provide physical assistance and/or
intervention with children
– Background clearance including criminal, sex offender, child abuse, and DMV
The Salvation Army offers a competitive benefits package to support the well being of our employees including: Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; Paid Time Off; Retirement; Remitted Tuition; and Free Life Insurance.
The Salvation Army is committed to achieving full and equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Qualified veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All electronic applications must be submitted through The Salvation Army online application system for each position you are applying for. Apply at www.SASYR.org