Infant/Toddler Teacher – Early Head Start
FULL-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Early Head Start)
- Coordinate and implement Early Head Start and other child development curriculum..
- Provide supervision, role modeling, support, and encourage professional development of all child care staff and volunteers.
- Assess and monitor developmental level of each child, facilitate referral for evaluations as necessary.
- Ensure completion of all paperwork on a timely basis including but not limited to attendance, meal counts, lesson plans, daily health checks, fire drill records, narratives and daily notes.
- Assist in the orientation and training of staff members regarding room, center and agency policies, procedures and expectations.
- Actively participate in all required meetings including initial orientations, supervision, team meetings, staff meetings, in-services and training sessions.
- Engage in ongoing teacher/parent communication to facilitate parent participation and involvement.
- Assist in center, department and agency tasks and activities as assigned including clerical billing.
- 9 Credits in early childhood development, Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 or more years experience working or volunteering with children.
- Experience with child development practices and fostering parent/teacher communication.
- Ability to physically negotiate all child care responsibilities for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years to include: lifting; carrying, feeding, bathing, sitting on the floor, walking, toileting and ability to react to urgent health and safety circumstances.
- Background clearance including criminal, sex offender, child abuse, and drug screening.
For more details, view the Salvation Army PDF:
For additional opportunities, please visit: http://syracuseny.salvationarmy.org/SyracuseNY/EmploymentOps