Monthly Archives: June 2015
Interning at the DNC is a unique opportunity for hardworking, passionate future leaders to gain real life, hands-on experience in Democratic politics, strengthen their understanding of the political process and prepare for future political opportunities. It’s also a great way to form lasting connections and memories.
In addition to typical intern duties you will have the chance to volunteer in community outreach projects and grassroots organizing, assist at DNC functions, take tours across Washington, D.C., and attend weekly lunches hosted by DNC staff. Each department offers you a unique learning experience — learn more about each department here.
For more details about the internship opportunities, the timeline for applications and to apply, visit:
The Salvation Army in Syracuse is holding a Job Fair:
Monday, June 22
3:30 to 5:30 pm
The Salvation Army
667 South Salina Street
They are recruiting for Teachers to work with Infants, Toddlers, and Pre-School aged children to fill immediate full-time vacancies. We will also be taking early applications for the Say Yes to Education Enrichment Artists. For more details, view the event flyer: Salvation Army Job Fair
Looking for work? Want to be in Downtown Brooklyn? Curious about how one of the nation’s largest banks operates? Don’t miss a special job fair to fill immediate open positions at JP Morgan Chase’s MetroTech Center offices, hosted in partnership with Forest City Ratner Companies, Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, and the Brooklyn Education Innovation Network. The event will take place on:
Monday, June 22, 11 am – 2 pm in MetroTech Commons (in front of 3 MetroTech Center)
Tuesday, June 23, 11 am – 2 pm in MetroTech Commons (in front of 3 MetroTech Center)
JP Morgan Chase will be looking to fill multiple open positions for the following roles:
- Custody Middle Office-Cash Processing Analyst
- Investor Relations Operations Specialist
- Private Equity Fund Accountant Analyst
- Hedge Fund Services- Bank Debt Operations Analyst
- Investor Services Operations-Custody Middle Office Analyst
Qualifications for all positions require a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics and a minimum 3.2 GPA.
Space for the event is extremely limited. Interested applicants should RSVP for one of the days by clicking HERE. You will be contacted with confirmation and participation details.
Intern with BEAT Festival
BEAT Festival looking for two Summer 2015 interns to help with the production and marketing of this year’s festival. BEAT promises hands-on experience, the chance to learn and develop skills with a professional team, and a lot of fun. Interns will also receive a stipend.
Interested? Email your resume and a bit about your interest in the position to Kelcie Beene, BEAT Festival Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right individual will be outgoing with good problem-solving skills, able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment, and eager to learn. They will work on a variety of projects in various mediums in the early stages of production, including but not limited to: working with artists, contracts, content delivery, and print material coordination, and assisting in volunteer coordination and outreach. They will work in conjunction with BEAT’s Festival Producer, Executive Director, Marketing Manager, and Brooklyn artists and venues.
Production experience is preferred but not required. A driver’s license is preferred but not mandatory. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and some social media is a must.
The right individual will be outgoing with good problem-solving skills, able to adapt to an ever-changing work environment, and eager to learn. They will work with the Marketing manager on a variety of projects in various mediums, in the early stages of production, including but not limited to: communicating with artists to generate content for marketing campaigns, social media content delivery, and print material coordination. They will work in conjunction with BEAT’s Festival Producer, Executive Director, Marketing Manager, and Brooklyn artists and venues.
Some marketing experience is preferred. An understanding of all social media platforms, Microsoft Office, and Google Docs is a must. Some knowledge of social media and website analytics would come in handy.
Technology Island Job Fair
Cradle of Aviation Museum, Garden City NY
June 11, 2015
10 am – 2 pm
70 companies seeking to fill positions! Free registration for job seekers and more information at:
The TECHNOLOGY ISLAND JOB FAIR is a one-day Tech-focused Job Fair created specifically to connect talented tech job seekers with Long Island companies’ seeking to fill 200+ technology-related positions.
The Technology Island Tech Job Fair benefits the Long Island tech community and allows companies of all sizes the opportunity to directly recruit from Long Island’s talent pool of Software Engineers, UX & UI Designers, Growth Hackers, Data Scientists, iOS Developers, Web Developers, Cyber Security Experts, Electrical Technicians, Project Engineers and beyond! The result will transform Technology Island into the BIGGEST Tech Job Fair for Long Island.
Capital One Bank currently has several career opportunities available. Specifically, they are seeking individuals in the North Nassau area for the following positions:
- Part-time Tellers (Job Number: 782076)
- Full-time Relationship Bankers (Job Number: 782093)
If you are interested in learning more about and applying to these or other opportunities at Capital One Bank, visit their Retail Banking Jobs page on their website:
FULL-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY
Infant/Toddler Teacher (Early Head Start)
- Coordinate and implement Early Head Start and other child development curriculum..
- Provide supervision, role modeling, support, and encourage professional development of all child care staff and volunteers.
- Assess and monitor developmental level of each child, facilitate referral for evaluations as necessary.
- Ensure completion of all paperwork on a timely basis including but not limited to attendance, meal counts, lesson plans, daily health checks, fire drill records, narratives and daily notes.
- Assist in the orientation and training of staff members regarding room, center and agency policies, procedures and expectations.
- Actively participate in all required meetings including initial orientations, supervision, team meetings, staff meetings, in-services and training sessions.
- Engage in ongoing teacher/parent communication to facilitate parent participation and involvement.
- Assist in center, department and agency tasks and activities as assigned including clerical billing.
- 9 Credits in early childhood development, Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1 or more years experience working or volunteering with children.
- Experience with child development practices and fostering parent/teacher communication.
- Ability to physically negotiate all child care responsibilities for children ages 6 weeks to 3 years to include: lifting; carrying, feeding, bathing, sitting on the floor, walking, toileting and ability to react to urgent health and safety circumstances.
- Background clearance including criminal, sex offender, child abuse, and drug screening.
For more details, view the Salvation Army PDF:
For additional opportunities, please visit: http://syracuseny.salvationarmy.org/SyracuseNY/EmploymentOps